To write the high quality posts, it is utmost important to avoid minor or major grammar mistakes. It is important because of the following reasons mainly:
Reasons of why to avoid grammar mistakes
- It decreases readability to the readers and makes it confusing to understand the post.
- It also has the negative impression in the Google or other major search engine indexing.
- It gives bad impression to the readers as well. A good post with many grammar mistakes makes it mess up.
In order to avoid the grammar error and mistakes, you do not necessarily need to be a high class negative writer or excellent in English writing. Just follow my tips, I hope they will help you avoid making mistakes in the blog posts writing.
Tips to Avoid Grammar Mistakes in Writing Blog Posts
- Never write too long sentences. Write short or adequate size sentences to increase comprehension.
- Use the spell checker to confirm the spelling of a word, if you are not sure. Sometimes the spelling errors are not high lighted by the word processors, blogger or WordPress.
- Avoid using the slang words or sentences. Use the decent and professional style of writing.
- Avoid using the short forms, abbreviations without defining them properly.
- Take care of the punctuation marks wherever necessarily. Punctuation marks are very important to use and help increase the comprehension.
- You should have the knowledge to avoid common grammar mistakes. The best source that like to prefer is the HERE.
- Always proof read a few times or once at least after you finish writing and before publishing the post.
- Prefer to use the British style of writing, e.g., write “colour” instead color.
- Ask your friend to have a read for you and give you feedback. It is good to get feedback from others, since sometimes it is difficult to identify mistakes or inconsistency by yourself.
- Avoid using the difficult vocabulary. Also avoid using the words that you are not sure about.