No doubt that Facebook is the giant social media network where all the people are engaged in various activities ranging from – using it as a social network, running various businesses etc.
The latest statistics says that there are 936 Million daily active users on Facebook and they upload various posts including text, videos, events and images as well resulting in a lot of memory usage on the servers of Facebook.
That’s why they are using some sort of algorithms to reduce the size of photos uploaded to facebook resulting in dull and dummy image with blurred edges.
But don’t worry we are here to help you out of this.
Facebook’s algorithm reduces the size of images to 1/10th of the uploaded images. So, if you are uploading a images which is already in low size they will f**** that image.
We have two methods which are sufficient to help you out of this problem and getting the high resolution images of facebook.
1. Resize your image to 2048px on its longest edge. (Explanation: if height is greater than width, then reduce height to 2048px and if width is greater than height, then reduce width to 2048px). If you are not comfortable in uploading such a huge size, then reduce its size to 960px on its largest edge.
2. Use the “Save for Web” function, and select 70% JPEG quality.
3. Make sure the file is converted to the sRGB colour profile.
4. Upload it to Facebook, and make sure you tick “high quality” if you are given the option (usually only for uploading albums).
NOTE: Follow red circles for more elaboration.
If you don’t want to be restricted to the dimensions headache then this method is awesome for you.
1. Simply convert it into .png format and make sure that sRGB is tick.
2. Upload to facebook 🙂
Some of the photographers argue that the PNGs produce much better results than JPGs. If you don’t want to compromise on the dimensions then you should go with the method number 2. Otherwise both methods are efficient.
Feel free to ask any question or query regarding this issue and share this “How to Upload High Quality Photos To Facebook Without Losing Edges – [Step By Step]” article with your friends.
Thanks in advance.